Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Not So Merry Chase

Click on the pictures to embiggen them.

Today was the day the "boys" went to the beauty parlor. Jon had "disappeared" their leashes so I carried Bailey into the groomer and he was fine. Max was, however, a different story. I borrowed a flimsy leash from them to bring him in out of the car and he slipped out of it and proceeded to walk (Max doesn't run any more - too fat) away from me. He totally ignored my command to "come" or to "Come here Maxie. Good boy" All the crap you say when you want them to come. Knowing full well that he was in deep s*&t he would walk away from me and look back at me over his shoulder.
He walked right out in the street in front of a garbage truck. The man and woman in the truck got out and tried to help me corral him. You know I have a "bum" leg ever since an ankle fusion operation a few years ago and cannot walk fast. They tried to go around behind him and he just kept walking away. He walked all around the block of stores to the East of Under One Woof and then south to the parking lot. There were cars around, etc.

Being the wily person that I am I finally decided to walk away from him.

So I headed back to the groomer and wonder of wonder he followed me. Then he walked right past me and the door to the groomer and started it all over again. Or so he thought. I went back to the car. Got in it and drove it like I was going home. I stopped the car and opened the door and called him over and he came over as if to get in and I grabbed him. This time the leash was secured so he could not get away and for good measure I also grabbed his other collar with my hand and ;jerked" the jerk into the shop.

You can see how beautiful he looks now (I wish I could get him to put his ears up. Bailey was almost perfect. When they let him out to run around so they could catch him to put his collar and (new) leash (I bought two - one purple and one light blue) on he decided he wanted a stuffed toy that was on display close to the floor. So he grabbed it. I told him NO! (It was pink and foo foo) - But you can see they look great. Bailey goes back in 6 weeks and they both go back in 12 weeks. Cost almost $100 with the new leashes and I really don't care because they are so beautiful. But I am seriously considering telling Jon that he has to get up early and take them up there (by 7:30 AM) in 12 weeks. It is too hard on an old man. Now I am off to have lunch with a Brother. He just called and suggested it. I told him I was free until 8:45 tomorrow morning. Ahhh the life of leisure. Hugs. Later, j

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Oh Max! You just can't do that!!

Glad it worked out OK

I love how Bailey always looks up to you :)

Raven said...

Glad you caught him. That's the kind of thing Angel kitty would do. Only she would probably have gotten herself killed. She's really smart but also insanely curious and enthusiastic... the kind who would jump of a cliff because she saw something interesting on the other side. Glad the puppies are safe. They both look beautiful.