Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Rejection

I've been rejected, or rather my Blog has. I got a comment earlier today that someone was going to take my Blog off their favorites list because I was to "political." Well, so be it! I have never asked people to read this thing. I write it for me. I have a disclaimer.

I AM A POLITICAL PERSON. I don't care if you don't like my politics. I am sure if you are a reader of this thing you know what those politics are. I read a lot of blogs. Frankly I am finding most of the Masonic Blogs I read to be extremely boring. How many different ways can you say I went to Lodge and I filled this position. I went to York Rite tonight. Some things happened. I enjoyed it. It really isn't something I need to blog about. I will probably take some pictures at Grand Lodge and will blog about it.

I looked at the Meme's that people are using. Ruby Tuesday, etc. I choose not to participate in most of them because frankly they are repetitious and boring. You can probably say the same thing about this blog. One Brother has a blog for Masonry and another for something else. Mine says it is an "eclectic mix" If you don't know what eclectic is go here. I put a little of this and a little of that up here. Some people like one thing and others like the others. Right now I am being political.

So here is the explanation. Right now this country is at a crossroads. I am not saying that either side is entirely correct. But I am saying that one side is honorable and attempting to find solutions to the problems that 8 years of a failed administration marked by lies which led us into war where thousands of American (and even more Iraqi) lives were lost. It is just wrong. The other side is telling lies and would be (I am afraid) more of the same which has brought us to a new low in the world.

I am a feminist. I was for Hillary before I was for Obama. I am a democrat. The last honorable republican president was Gerald Ford. Before that Eisenhower was also an honorable man. Ever since the highly touted and hypocritical Ronald Regan I have been a democrat. I even found things to like about Bush I. One reason I am a democrat is because I have been a public school teacher and the democratic party has been on our side. They have given support to public schools and to teachers and worked for collective bargaining. The "No Child Left Behind" Act left every child behind. Unfunded mandates took time and money away from programs that should have been helping teachers and students. This is just wrong.

The current pathetic candidate and the woman he callously chose to be his running mate do not deserve the White House. She was chosen to bring the crazy religious nuts onto voting for their ticket. She was chosen to obscure the issues. AND THE MEDIA IS NOT REPORTING THINGS ABOUT HER.

Did you know that recently in Alaska there was a rally against her? Take a look:


The Alaska Women Reject Palin rally was significantly bigger than Palin’s rally that got all the national media coverage! So take heart, sit back, and enjoy the photo gallery. Feel free to spread the pictures around (links are appreciated) to anyone who needs to know that Sarah Palin most definitely does not speak for all Alaskans. The citizens of Alaska, who know her best, have things to say. Read the entire article here.

Is the media reporting this? No! The pundits are too taken with McSame and his so-called straight talk. The man has lied, taken one stance one place and another elsewhere. He has totally changed his positions and he has brought in a woman who has taken the spotlight off McBush and his pathetic policies. The media pundits are not doing their job. They are not reporting this. They are too taken with their own celebrity and their access to power to take them on and tell the truth.

Truth

It is very important to me. Always has been. I hate liars and people who lie to me. My cousin was married to a woman who in the words of my mother would "lie when the truth sounds better." The Chris Matthews and Pat Buchanans of the world and the Tucker Carlsons who are so taken with Republican principals that they can't see that these guys (and this gal) are not Republicans. They are politicians who will do anything and say anything to get elected.

Stories are just now coming out about Dick Cheny and how he manipulated Bush and got himself nominated vice-president and how once in that position became the most powerful vice-president in history. The fact is folks that this was not reported when it was going on. Bush and company should be impeached and they should be tried for high crimes and misdemeanors. But they will probably be allowed to leave office and go into retirement and make millions of dollars going around trying to redeem themselves.

I took a test the other day to see whether I agreed with Obama or McCain. Surprise! I came out on Obama's side. However there were (surprising to me) several (4) positions that I chose who were expressed by John McCain. I am not 100% democrat. I have a good friend Wayne who is a Republican. He wrote a letter to the editor talking about how pleased he was that some of the "old" Republican principals were creeping back into the platform. That was early on, before the religious nuts got hold of it. It is now the same old, same old.

So I am still a Democrat and will likely remain one. For 4 years I have been wearing a black band around my wrist. it says NOT ME on it. Meaning I did not vote for Bush. I am looking forward to being able to take it off.

I am not someone who can call people on the phone to talk to them about voting. I cannot, because of my leg go out and knock door to door. I don't like big crowds of people to go to rallies and the only thing I can do is support my candidate on my blog. So it is going to be political. Not entirely. I can do that. I can support Obama and Biden in my own way and will continue to do so.

So my friend, If you don't want to read my blog it is all right with me. I will be sorry to lose you as a reader but as the sign above says "it starts at an early age" I am used to it. I have been rejected before and will be again. If you don't like it go elsewhere. If not feel free to come back. I am doing what I can for my party. If you wish to you to can start a blog and you can post things of a political nature on it also. Blogger will help you start one. Just click at the top. It is easy, fun and it will help you through many problems in your life. You can even limit the people who read your blog. I have a "private" blog which I started because I was having major problems with a relationship. Besides me it has two people who can read it. It is personal and I won't make it public. I was upsetting someone I wanted for a friend so I moved things over there. Funny thing is I no longer am upset with that person. We seem to be working things out. Oops, I almost made a nasty remark about something that still bothers me. Guess I will put it on the private. Gets it out of my head.

If you like the humor and the politics and the educational pieces and the pictures and the jokes and the various other "eclectic mix of the things which make up my life." come on in and sit down with me and share some thoughts. I will even accept (most) comments. But as I said it is mine to do with what I want. Thanks for stopping by. I love you anyway. Even if you left. Hugs, j

6 comments:

Ur-spo said...

you musn't ever feel badly about people 'turning you off' in blog land.
you post primarily for yourself always; and if others don't want it than screw'em.

we will never convince others to think differently here.

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

Oh, I don't - If they don't want to read me they don't have to. As long as you do.. If you left I would feel bad. (or is it badly) How are the scorpions coming along/

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jay, I thoroughly enjoy your blog, if it's any comfort. That post with the boxer and the little goat was precious. I shared it with my wife and she loved it, too.

I'm sure my blog turns some people off, but I'm like you; I blog for myself and if others want to read and comment, that's OK by me. If somebody doesn't like what I write, my attitude is: "Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out."

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

I love it - Almost Brother Fred. Actually I am going to make you my Brother without obligation. then when you join you can be a double brother. j

Unknown said...

Jay, Keep at it! I enjoy reading your opinions and thoughts on issues. It is an election year and there is alot at stake.

It is great for me to hear (not always listen) to "the other side".

S&F
Ryan

Anonymous said...

...I am going to make you my Brother without obligation. then when you join you can be a double brother.

Sounds good to me, Brother Jay!