Saturday, September 6, 2008

Renaissance Faire

I went to the Renaissance Faire today in Des Moines with Craig, Jack, Bridget and Sheila. We had a great time. You have to cross a bridge to get there. A lot of people dress for the occassion. This week-end was Scottish Heritage weekend. I bought a Gordon Clan Kilt.
Bridget likes spider webs so I took this picture for her. As we entered the park the Queen was in distress. She was captured by the pirates and was eventually rescued. What made it especially nice was a real-life wedding proposal. Two of the actors were called up (The queen was in on it.) He went down on one knee and asked her to marry him. She said Yes. Sweet.
Golf was invented in Scotland and these two fellows were having a ball with their Golf Challenge.
We watched the Pirate Show and Jack was enthralled.
Then there was the josting.
Probably a Lodge Brother
A Minstral troupe
Bridgit and Jack had a battle.
Somebody slayed the dragon.
A self described Scotch on the rocks.
Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, j
Check out the on-line album of all the pictures I took here.

1 comment:

Kurt said...

I've been waiting all day to hear about your adventure.

Looks like a great time! I looked at the rest of the pictures, I didn't know that there was a vineyard there. It's been awhile...

BTW, here's the link to the faire: http://www.dmrenfaire.com/