Monday, March 21, 2011

Ouch


They came to take my car away this morning.  On my way back from OES on Saturday I lost power. So I limped home and got to the garage.  This morning I called my service guy and they came and picked it up.  A little while later I got a call telling me that my transmission was out.  Fortunately they can fix it.  Unfortunately it will cost $1200.  Fortunately I have that much in my Travel Account which is supposed to be for travel.  I guess this qualifies  I need the car to travel, to the grocery store, to get my hairs cut and my Doctor appointment.  I won't get it back until Tuesday or Wednesday.  In the meantime thank heaven for delivery.  Hopefully I will get some money back from taxes so I can replenish the account.  With my luck I will probably have to pay,

Then I have been diagnosed with actinic keratosis lesions. Treatment is important because AK's may turn into a skin cancer called squamous cell carcinoma. I have a prescription to put on it before I go to bed at night.  It is not inexpensive.  The tube costs $154.  The description of the treatment says that I "may notice skin irritation which means the product is working.  Irritation is localized to the site of application."  Before and after pictures below.  So for about three weeks if you see me you may notice some irritated skin.   Such fun!

So there isn't any reason to get dressed today.  Yesterday I didn't put or real clothing either.  My nephew was over. He is fixing up the basement.  He may move in there.  I told him he could have it rent free. He likes the challenge of doing the work.  There was a big mess down there after the floods last summer. I hope we don't get them again. Of course it would have helped to have a working sump pump. That has been fixed.  I think sometimes it would be better to just have an apartment. Of course then I couldn't have Bailey, Miles and Cassie and they are very important to me.  Thanks for stopping by.  Be gentle with one another Namaste.

3 comments:

kenju said...

So sorry about the car, but you are lucky to have the $$ to pay for it - so many don't.

I have had actinic keratoses also. It's very good that you are getting them treated.

whalechaser said...

These set backs sure do give us pause don't they? I know I always thought I was going to live forever and never be ill....(as she recuperates from falling off a roof onto a cement floor)
I know what you mean about the dogs...keep 'em they are great company and lord knows we need that, plus you still manage to maintain some semblance of independence...that is most important as we age. You will be happiest in the place where you can live to your fullest, I think.
Whale

Ur-spo said...

no fun, this.