Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sore

 This is the inside of my arm.  That is just one of the bruises I discovered on it this morning.  Bayer stock must be going up cause I have been taking some aspirin to help with the pains.

I came home today at noon and have been recuperating since.  I don't move much cause every time I move my arm it hurts. And my hip and my leg and my head.  I fell pretty hard.  But I will heal.  Adam and Fallen Man... Not really God's Man never fell.

One of the things I do down at the Consistory is search the Obituaries against the data base to see if any of our members has died.  Since I started working there last week there have been three members who have died.  When that happens I have to enter the date of death.  Move the entry to the Deaths list. Make a new entry for the Widow's list if there is a surviving wife.  Then print the obituary, pull the record from the active file and refile it in the inactive files.  Lots to do.  It helps to have two computers when I am doing this so I take my laptop down and use both computers while I am working.  Sometimes I enter something on the one computer when I should be doing it on the other one.  Then I feel stupid. I don't usually tell people that I have done that.. But I do dumb things. Guess it comes with age. Have a good day.  See you tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, j

2 comments:

Anna said...

Nah, Jay, we all do dumb things. It's not your age.

That bruise looks nasty. I hope you get it checked out if it continues to limit your mobility.

James said...

Jay, have you read much Kafka? That job sounds strangely Kafka-esque.

I agree with Anna. No good suffering in silence. Please get looked at if it doesn't get better.