Thursday, September 1, 2011

Rabbit, Rabbit - Happy Birthday Cassie

It's the first day of the month - Rabbit, Rabbit.

Today is Miss Cassie's 13th birthday.  She really is much sweeter than these pictures show but I think they give her character.

Wednesday I set the alarm for 7:00 am because I had an appointment to have my brace (leg) checked. I found out that it was adjustable so I can take care of that. He suggested that I get some compression hose. So I went up to Choice Medical and my friend was still there.  (20 years ago he serviced my mother's oxygen.  He went and got some and then asked me if I had anyone at home to help me put them on.  Well I don't and they are too difficult to get on by myself so that idea was out.  However I went down to Des Moines and got a couple more pair of Travel Socks and they should help.

I then decided that I was going to eat down there since I did not want to have the trip down there for just the socks.  I turned on my Navigator on my phone.  I turned on the Google.  Hit the microphone and spoke the words tenderloin, Grimes. BOOM it came up with The Radish in Grimes and I checked their menu.  I remembered that was the place a friend of mine had mentioned.  So I switched to "Car Mode" on my phone and hit navigate and pressed the microphone button again.  I spoke the address and it started telling me where to go.  Took me right to the restaurant and I enjoyed my supper,

There was a family with four kids at the next table. The kids were so nice and well behaved (except for the little girl but even she settled down) that I gave each of them a gold dollar. It's my thing.  I carry gold dollars around to give to kids.  Dumb but I like giving and since my other friends no longer want me to give them things I can still give to kids.  (At least it is not candy)

I played naughty with the navigator on the way to and from the restaurant. ( had to go to the grocery store also.)  I deliberately disobeyed the nice lady who lives inside the phone when she told me where to go and had fun listening to her decide (almost instantly) another route home after I ignored its directions.  It got me right to the grocery store.  Much better than the navigator on my old phone.. 3G

About two weeks ago when I last went to the grocery store I  lost my walking stick.  I had called several times and it wasn't there.  So I ordered a new one.  It came today.  As luck would have it when I was at the store I asked them if they had found my walking stick.  The young man said "the one with the compass" (It has a masonic emblem on the handle)  yep, they found it so now I have two.

2 comments:

MadPriest said...

I have paid Miss Cassie due homage at OCICBW... and also posted a photo of one of her greatest battles when she saved the world from an evil Japanese monster.

Ur-spo said...

I love black cats; they are the best.