Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Monday Monday

On Monday I said goodbye to my Jeep
 and hello to my new wheels - A Denli
My Jeep was a 1999 Grand Cherokee.  when I got it there were about 40,000 miles on it. Today there are about 152,000+  I had to have a new (used) transmission put in it and it whined and made a crunching noise when I stepped on the brakes.  It was time.  


My friend Kurt introduced me to his friend who had helped him find a new van for them and frankly I would have been happy with that.  I was trying to work with a place in Ankeny but they kept sending me pictures of little cars.  I am a big person 6'3" and my legs between the hip and the knee are long.  I cannot ride in most cars and I need the additional height to get in and out easily.  When he showed me this one and I drove it and I could actually hear something beside the transmission noise and I could step on the breaks without feeling frightened.  I fell in love.  I drove it home and it is in my garage.  Oh it is a 2008 and only has a little over 35,000 miles.  


In other news I went to see my endocrinologist today and for the most part I am in pretty good shape.  I don't have to go back to see him for nine months and I got weighed and have lost 34 pounds since June.  So I am feeling on top of things and am looking forward to driving again.  Perhaps it is time to go out and take some fall pictures...Oh wait,  My car is black....I don't want to get it dirty, do I?  


Thanks for stopping by.  Hugs

2 comments:

Dianne said...

I have an 06 Jeep with about 90,000 on it
love your new ride!!

Ur-spo said...

congrats! what fun!