Saturday, October 6, 2012

Something Yummy for Saturday


2  cups   Sugar
1  cup    Butter
3           Eggs
1  cup    Soured whipping cream
4  cups   Flour
1  tsp  Baking soda
1  tsp  Baking powder
1  tsp  Vanilla
1  tsp  Nutmeg
Procedure
1   In large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
2   Stir in eggs and vanilla.
3   In small bowl,combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and nutmeg..
4   Add to sugar mixture.
5   Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet.
6   Press down with bottom of glass dipped in sugar.
7   Bake.
Oven Temperature: 350°F
Cooking Time: 8 minutes

Author: Sadie Underwood Cole
Source: Ruth Cole Jackson
photo by Taste of Home










And then just so that veggies are included here is a favorite of mine. My mother's 

Carrot Casserole

4  cups   Carrots, sliced
1  Tbs   Onion, diced
1  cup    Velveeta cheese, cubed
¼  cup  Butter
1   cup  Potato chips, crushed
Procedure
1   In a saucepan, cook carrots until tender.
2   Drain.
3   In greased casserole, place carrots and onion.
4   Dot butter on top of carrot mixture.
5   Place Velveeta cubes on top of carrots.
6   Cover with crushed potato chips.
7   Bake.
Oven Temperature: 350°F
Cooking Time: 30 minutes

Source: Ruth Cole Jackson

2 comments:

Ur-spo said...

I can vouch for the carrot dish !

Unknown said...

I made this sour cream cookie recipe but it came out cake like. I'm not so sure what I did wrong. The flavor is great so I'm using them for ice cream sandwiches. I really would like to know what I did wrong.