Thursday, April 18, 2013

Comment

Posted on Facebook after seeing a post by a friend who is a parent...

What I find very hard to understand is the parents of children (particularly elementary age children) who are so against gun control.  They must have no empathy for the parents of the children who are killed daily in our society by guns that are not controlled.  Can they not imagine their little boy or girl being shot down and killed?  I know that when one of my students were hurt or injured on the playground or as happened once hit by a car on the way home I was very upset. In fact just thinking about it today gives me a very sad feeling in my being.  How can these people be against gun control measures which might protect their own children?  I know that you can keep them safe 24/7 but shouldn't we do all we can to minimize the threat?

No comments: