Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thursday - This 'N That

We have been having rain. and thunder and even some lightening and Molly doesn't like it.  Not one bit.  She climbed up on my lap at 6:00 this morning and was there until I had to get dressed to leave at 8:15.

I had an Eastern Star Home Board Meeting and had to be over there by 10:00.  She went into the bedroom and waited for me to come home.  I let her out and it was almost immediate that she came back in.  I tried to work on the computer but she let me know that she wanted to be on my lap.  I let her up. I only had to write up the minutes and they could wait.  So she spent the afternoon snuggling and I loved it. I did.

I finally had to get her off because I had finished my pot of coffee and you know what that means.  I made her get down and fixed my supper and while I was eating there was a big crack of thunder and more lightening. She was under the counter right next to me while I finished.  Then it was back on my lap so I did not get things done that I needed to do. I took a couple of pictures but for some reason my phone will not connect with my internet. So I can't share them. Eventually it will happen.

Right now she is under the footrest on the chair and waiting for me to finish.  I could write about happenings in the world right now but they are so upsetting that I find it hard to do so.  What with the political situation and the gridlock, the happenings in Boston and Texas I really find it hard to be upbeat.  I think perhaps that Molly is the only thing that gets me through this time.  I really am wishing I were about 20 years younger and I would emigrate to somewhere else.  Perhaps Johnny Depp has the right idea.  He bought an island and he is the resident.  Of course he has more money than I.  With the money a teacher makes I doubt I could afford a sandbar in the Skunk River,

I think I am losing intelligence in my old age.  I can usually figure things out but lately I have had problems and with the new computer there are things that don't seem to be working correctly. Not sure what to do. And I can't get my phone to connect to the new router. Or my Kindle.  I will try something else tomorrow and see if that works.  Usually I can get someone to help me and while it worked at the store in Des Moines it no longer works at home.  So I am frustrated.  Also the Iphoto does not work correctly and that ticks me off. AAAARGH!  Have a nice day.  Molly wants back up.... Hugs.  j

No comments: