Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Collectania

 I drove a friend to Indianola on Friday to pick up my sister's new van.  On the way back I was listening to Science Friday on the radio and heard about a house made out of containers in NYC. There is a video on their Web Site.  Click to watch.  Living INSIDE THE BOX -

I was looking at a persons profile on Facebook on Sunday.  He is a member of a Masonic Group that I administer. I did not remember approving him but there are others who also can let people in the group.  I saw a post on Facebook that really upset me.  It was a diatribe against Muslims.  I have known and taught many Muslims and have a great respect for the religion (but not for the terrorists or the Fanatics)  And yes we have Christian Fanatics also (always have) - I could not comment on it because 1. We don't discuss religion or politics in Freemasonry and 2. I am not (nor ever will be a friend of his on Facebook)  - However I did go out to find that others have responded to this disgusting e-mail and I found a good one here on the Democratic Underground.  It is called -

An anti-Muslim Wingnut diatribe and my response:

I was watching 60 Minutes and watched this story about the Robin Hood Foundation and Paul Tudor Jones.  It is quite a story.  Watch it here.

I had never heard of Roy Zimmerman before but he is coming to Des Moines.  I think I will go. I have added this one to my "Video's Page" (above) There are several videos up there (for now presented without comment) - They are there for a reason.  If you are bored go take a look.  Tickets available here.



National Geographic has always been noted for its great photography.  Here is a link to their Found Photoblog.  It was recommended on another blog as a great place to browse

Some thoughts on Education from the Des Moines Register. Click Here. Then you can go here to read my post on Education.

One more thing.  Found this - Secretarial winning the Triple Crown.  Wow!

No comments: