Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sunday


“Peace does not mean just to stop wars, but also to stop oppression and injustice.”


"To develop a broader vision we must be willing to forsake....our narrower vision. In the short run it is more comfortable not to do this - to stay where we are, to keep using the same microcosmic map, to avoid suffering the death of cherished notions. The road to spiritual growth, however, lies in the opposite direction. We begin by distrusting what we already believe, by actively seeking the threatening and unfamiliar, by deliberately challenging the validity of what we have previously been taught and hold dear. The path to holiness lies through questioning everything."  
From "The Road Less Traveled" by M. Scott Peck:


 
"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive."

~Dalai Lama



Its your road, and yours alone.
others may walk it with you,
but no one can walk it for you.


“Adopt the pace of nature. Her secret is patience.”


~Ralph Waldo Emerson

As I walk, as I walk

The universe is walking with me 
In beauty it walks before me
In beauty it walks behind me
In beauty it walks below me
In beauty it walks above me Beauty is on every side
As I walk, I walk with beauty.
— Navajo Prayer

We can only learn and advance with contradictions. The faithful inside should meet the doubtful. The doubtful should meet the faithful. Human slowly advances and becomes mature when he accepts his contradictions.


~ Shams Tabriz

Ask yourself: Where am I?
Answer: Here.
Ask yourself: What time is it?
Answer: Now.
Say it until you can hear it.
Ram Das