Thursday, July 18, 2013

This N' That

I started a book the other night and am enjoying it. It is set in Texas and involves three generations of a Texas oil and cattle family and is turning out to be a "good" read.

One of the people "featured" was captured by Comanches and that is the most interesting part to me so far. I love the vivid pictures the author has drawn about the live of these warriors who lived in harmony with the land and wasted nothing.  The "oneness" with the land and nature and the way they lived has always fascinated me.

I woke up at 4:00 in the morning and called Molly up on my lap and read until the alarm went off.  Then I had my usual breakfast (toast with Greek Honey mixed with Ceylon Cinnamon (no rubbish) and coffee - (Molly licks the honey mix bowl) Checked Facebook and went back to reading and then I had to take a nap which lasted about two hours and in the afternoon I read some more, talked on the telephone to a Lodge Brother, took two wrong number calls for HyVee, (my number is the same as theirs except theirs is a 1-800 number so I get several of them a day) paid a bill on the internet and then took another nap so now I am ready to read some more.  I think I shall sip a little Scotch liquor while I read this round. I would write more but I am really more interested in reading.

I found this on Facebook and it choked me up.  I agree with it.




This morning I found this on Facebook and it made me laugh out loud.  Enjoy.

No comments: