Sunday, August 25, 2013


Dhammapada: “Do not judge the faults of others nor what they did not do; check what is right or wrong for you to do or not to do.”


"If a man be gracious and courteous to strangers, it shows he is a citizen of the world." ~Francis Bacon


Kindness is an inner desire that makes us want to do good things even if we do not get anything in return. It is the joy of our life to do them. When we do good things from this inner desire, there is kindness in everything we think, say, want and do.

~Emanuel Swedenborg

If someone behaves negatively towards you, it helps to remember that he or she is a human being like you and to distinguish between an action and the person who does it. If counter measures are needed to prevent someone doing harm, it's always better to do it with a calm rather than an agitated mind. If you act out of anger, the best part of your brain fails to function. Remember, compassion is not a sign of weakness  

Dalai Lama


"I will love if another hates. I will gain a balance on the side of good .. my true being. This alone gives me the forces of good wherewith to overcome all error." 
Miscellaneous Writings. Mary Baker Eddy. 


"I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy."


~Rabindranath Tagore


If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it.


~ Mary Engelbreit, born June 5, 1952

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." 
~Unknown

You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.


~Kahlil Gibran (January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931) was a Lebanese artist, poet, and writer.


It is a man's sympathy with all creatures that truly makes him a man. Until he extends his circle of compassion to all living things, man himself will not find peace.

~ Albert Schweitzer (January 14, 1875 – September 4, 1965)  

No comments: