Tuesday, August 13, 2013

This 'n That

 Ellie shared this, says it is in Ocean City, Maryland.  Very clever.
 So many people mess these up.  But it is not as bad, you know, as having to, you know listen to someone who, you know repeats that phrase, you know over and you know over again..  Play my game and count them..either when someone is being interviewed on a show or having a conversation with you...you know it can be kind of fun.


 The new symbols for the Russian Olympics.  I am in favor of moving them.

My new philosophy.


Non sequitur is my favorite cartoon.  I love this one. 


Writing is the one thing which makes us more.  Without it we would just be an animal who gathers food, eats, reproduces and eventually dies.  We would probably love, I am sure that animals love.  My dog loves me.  I can tell the way she behaves and I know that other animals also love.  I saw a video today of two elephants which had been separated for 20 years.  They recognized each other and to see them touching and winding their trunks around each other was remarkable. It brought tears to my eyes.

People learned how to write and passed on their knowledge to those who came after them. There is so much information which has been written down and passed on that no one could ever read it all.  But being human we have invented ways to use much of it and you can even search for much of it on the internet which is a remarkable asset.   I can remember when I was younger I would get a volume of an encyclopedia and thumb through it and read articles which interested me.  Now my encyclopedia is on the internet and if I want to know something I "google" it.

I spend way too much time reading things. I seem to have an insatiable desire to read.  I read everything. I fill all sorts of space with reading.  I even read when I watch TV,   I guess that is what makes me human.  Either that or writing...they are connected after all.

I am finishing up with the best thing I have seen on the Internets for a long time. Ashton tells it like it is. Please watch. This Iowa boy has a great message. I hope they were listening

No comments: