Thursday, August 29, 2013

Toad Tales

Thanks to my friend Sam for sending this remarkable link.

 Falcon Nesting In A Tree ~

I’ve 
seen many remarkable photographs over the years but this one of a nesting Falcon is perhaps the most remarkable. 
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Nature can be truly breath-taking ! ! !





The picture above was posted on Facebook and is of Clear Lake, Iowa.  When I was a kid we used to go there for vacation.  And I spent many weeks at the Methodist Camp at the lake.  My mother always liked to tell the story of when I was little and went into a restroom to go to the bathroom.  I was just learning to read and I read something that I did not understand so of course, I asked her what it meant.  Some Wag had written on the bathroom wall "This must be a Police Station because it is where the Dicks hang out."  Do you suppose my love of puns came from that.  I do remember that she told the story for years.

We had a lot of fun at Clear lake.  The family trips up there were the best.  I know when we first started going there it would take most of the day to get the 90 miles up there or at least that is what it seemed like to me.  I can remember my Uncle Dave who loved to water ski going out skiing one chilly fall day in his long underwear.  And the best breakfast ever was over a camp stove in the rain.

Later we were able to go to Leech Lake in Minnesota for vacations.  The lake was bigger but I don't think the fun was bigger.  My Aunt Jo (mother's sister) has a cabin up there.  It is the Cabin on the Hill that my aunt Fran and Uncle Harold used to rent for the summer.  It has the best view of the lake, IMHO. (In My Humble Opinion)  My Cousin Randy and his wife Fay were just up there and posted these pictures from there.


 I miss the place. but I couldn't handle being up there with my leg problems.
Here are a couple of fun things to enjoy.



No comments: