Sunday, December 8, 2013

Sunday

 Our human compassion binds us the one to the other - not in pity or patronizingly, but as human beings who have learnt how to turn our common suffering into hope for the future.


Nelson Mandela
 Being content with who we are and what we are – and being open to whatever happens without expectations – makes a good recipe for happiness.

Dr. Ur-Spo, AKA Dr Michael Rockwell
 "So who is God? No one can finally say. That is not within human competence. All we can ever say is how we believe we have experienced God, doing our best to dispel our human delusions. Let me try to do just that. I experience God as the source of life calling me to live fully and thus to respect life in every form as embodying the holy."
~ John Shelby Spong
 It is never late to ask yourself “Am I ready to change my life, am I ready to change myself?”. However old we are, whatever we went through, it is always possible to reborn. If each day is a copy of the last one, what a pity! Every breath is a chance to reborn. But to reborn into a new life, you have to die before dying.


~ Shams Tabrizi
"If we want to create a viable, peaceful world, we’ve got to integrate compassion into the gritty realities of 21st century life."

~ Karen Armstrong,

 From the book The Prophet regarding children: 


Your children are not your children.

They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.

You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
You may strive to be like them,
but seek not to make them like you.
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.

You are the bows from which your children
as living arrows are sent forth.
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite,
and He bends you with His might
that His arrows may go swift and far.
Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
For even as He loves the arrow that flies,
so He loves also the bow that is stable.

"If it feels light to you, it's probably true. If it feels heavy to you, there's a lie in it somewhere." 
Dr. Dain Heer.
I looked in temples, churches & mosques. 
I found the Divine within my Heart.


“Every day, think as you wake up, today I am fortunate to be alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others; to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings. I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly about others. I am going to benefit others as much as I can.”
― Dalai Lama XIV
Joy To The World - Flashmob - Click to View
I just want to express the unutterable gratitude for the continuing improvement from my stroke.  Just the simple act of being to compile these Sunday Collectania gives me much pleasure. I have more doctors to see but being home with Molly and Cassie my friends and family gives me comfort and I know I will get better.

I think that you can see that I am able to write a cognizant sentence and that is good.  If you want to stop by for a visit it would be fine or not either way.  Just keeping happy thoughts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good news, Jay. Keep improving, we continue to pull for you and you are in our thoughts daily.

Ur-spo said...

My goodness! I've been elevated with the likes of Rumi! What an honor.

Here's another quotation for you:

"Oatmeal is the anodyne for all ills"

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

I do have to tell you that I loved the quote from Dr. Ur-Spo. And I have discovered that the Oatmeal I make with Greek Honey and Ceylon Cinnamon is far superior to the gruel which the hospital dished out, Yours is truly a healing remedy,