Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Winter Hump Day

Chèvres en équilibre - goats balancing on a flexible steel ribbon





Then God Created The Midwest . . . .
 


 I wonder----
 
On the sixth day, God turned to Archangel Gabriel and said,
 
"Today I created an area of land I  call “The Midwest ”.  It’s  a land of outstanding natural beauty.  It has tall hills and rolling plains full of game and eagles, beautiful sparkling  lakes bountiful with bass and streams full of trout, forests full of deer and turkeys, valleys with fertile soil with an abundance nutrients to grow things, and rivers teeming with fish."
God continued, "I shall make the land rich in resources so as to make the inhabitants prosper, I shall call these inhabitants Midwesterners, and they shall be known as the  most friendly people on the earth."
 
"But Lord," asked Gabriel, "don't you think you are being too generous to these Midwesterners??"
"Not really," replied God..  "Just wait and see the Winters I am going to give them!"

No comments: