Sunday, July 13, 2014

Sunday


For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of he body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ.
I Corinthians 12:12
Christianity

 O contending peoples and kindreds of the earth! Set your faces towards unity, and the the radiance of its light shine upon you. Gather ye together, and for the sake of God resolve to root out whatever is the source of contention amongst you. Then will the effulgence of the world's great Luminary envelop the whole earth, and its inhabitants become the citizens of one city and the occupants of one and the same throne.
Gleanings from the writings of Baha'ullah 111
Baha'i

"You have heard that it was said, 'You should love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be children of your Father in heaven; for he makes his sun to rise on the evil and the good and sends rain on the righteous and unrighteous."


Matthew 5:43-45
Christianity

"He abused me, he beat me, he defeated me, he robbed me," in those who harbor such thoughts hatred will never cease. "He abused me, he beat me, he defeated me, he robbed me," in those who do not harbor such thoughts hatred will cease. For hatred does not cease by hatred at any time: hatred ceases by love, this is the eternal love.

Drammapada I:3-5
Buddhism

In bringing harmony to an intense conflict, lingering feelings can remain. How can such harmony be considered a success? The wise forgive the debts of others.

Tao Te Ching 79 Adapted
Taoism


Blessed are the merciful, for they will receive mercy.

Matthew 5:7
Christianity

Wang-sun Chia asked, saying, "What is the meaning ofthe saying, "It is better to pay court to the furnace than to the stove?" The Master said, "Not so, He who offends against Heaven has none to whom he can pray."

The Analects of Confucius 3
Confucianism

The Lord is near to all who call him in truth.
Psalm 145:18
Judaism & Christianity

No comments: