Thursday, May 7, 2015

Throwback Thursday

 This is my aunt Joanne Cole Peterson and uncle David Peterson.

Jo is my mother's youngest sister and the strongest connection to my family.

Uncle Dave worked at Little Ankeny  This story from the Iowa State Daily mentions his contribution to the Manhattan Project.  - Then a senior at Iowa State, David Peterson was hired in 1942 to produce the metal. (Uranium)  Although he was not officially informed about the Manhattan Project's connection with the atomic bomb, Peterson was aware of his work's contribution.

Dave was one of my surrogate fathers.  My father disappeared in my life so I had some wonderful father figures in my life.  My grandfather, Uncles Harold, Carl, Max, and of course Dave.  Dave saw it to that I was included and he took me camping with his family and included me in so many activities. He and Jo enriched my life and I will always be grateful for them.  I do not remember the dog but I bet Jo will remember.

Part 2.  My Baby accouncement



I would love to do it all over again.  There are some things I would do again, some things I would delete and many things I haven't done yet.. But all in all I am very happy with my life.


This is my baby pillow.  My great Uncle Jean Underwood was a Colonel in the Veterinarian Corps and when I was a baby he was in the Philippines and he sent this.  I think there was more but I glad I have it.  I thought it was lost but Ginny found it and cleaned up so I think I shall have it framed and then someday someone can put it in the archives.

No comments: