Thursday, November 12, 2015

Throwback Thursday

After four years of teaching in Marion Iowa (Linn Mar Elementary Schools) I decided that I needed to help out with things in Ames so I applied and was hired in the Ames Community Schools.  My first year I taught in Harlan School which was a unique school as we had nine sixth grades in the building.  Three of them rotated so Mrs. Murken (sp) had all of the language arts, Mrs. Sonsken (sp) (later Mrs. North) and I had the other one.  All of the teachers had desks in one room and we had a lot of time to interact with each other.  There were also other classes k - 5 in the building.  It was an experience to remember.
I don't know why my class is in smiling faces and no coats and the other two classes are wearing cold weather coats but so it is.



No comments: