Thursday, May 5, 2016

Ledges Photo Shoot ~~ Photos by Bob Kelly

Today I had a couple of hours to use creatively, so I went to the Ledges State Park, near Boone, Iowa.  I have been there many times in the last 40 years in all seasons and weather, and every time I go I find something to photograph. Today was no exception, so here are six images the last two of which were taken a mile or so north of the actual Ledges Park.  The windmill and bright yellow grain elevators were very colorful and contrasted well in the bright sun shine.  I purposely printed them with extra saturation to exaggerate the color contrast and while it is a bit artsy, it shows what I was feeling.  The last image is a giant pile containing many hundreds of large treated beams like they use on railroad bridges.  I am not sure how they will be used, but I liked their repetitive patterns.  Stay tuned…my shutter finger is not worn out yet!!







No comments: