Sunday, December 4, 2016

Apiarian,

"Were I to be the founder of a new sect, I would call them Apiarians, and, after the example of the bee, advise them to extract the honey of every sect."  
- Thomas Jefferson


"Once upon a time, when women were birds, there was the simple understanding that to sing at dawn, and to sing at dusk, was to heal the world through joy. The birds still remember what we have forgotten, that the world is meant to be celebrated."
~Terry Tempest Williams


"But art is not simply works of art; it is the spirit that knows Beauty, that has music in its soul and the color of sunsets in its head-kerchiefs; that can dance on a flaming world and make the world dance, too."
~W. E. B. Du Bois


All I ever wanted was to reach out and touch another human being not just with my hands but with my heart.
~Tahereh Mafi


"Whatever happens in life happens to make you stronger. So fear not, accept it as a gift from the universe. Use the event to capture the essence of this journey we call life."
―Debases Mridha


Words are windows, or they're walls,
They sentence us, or set us free.
When I speak and when I hear,
Let the love light shine through me.
~Ruth Bebermeyer


Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
~H. Jackson Brown Jr.



"I believe I know the only cure, which is to make one’s center of life inside of one’s self, not selfishly or excludingly, but with a kind of unassailable serenity—to decorate one’s inner house so richly that one is content there, glad to welcome anyone who wants to come and stay, but happy all the same when one is inevitably alone."
~Edith Wharton



"Our task must be to free ourselves... by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and it's beauty."
~ Albert Einstein

Out of the darkness, out of the night,
May I find joy and all that is right:
Open my eyes, so I'll see the light
That comes when we have spiritual sight."
~Gertrude Tooley Buckingham


"Silence is one of the great arts of conversation"
Marcus Tullius Cicero



1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

Alas Mr. E's approach is not much wanted these days.