...the Government of the United States, which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance, requires only that they who live under its protection should demean themselves as good citizens in giving it on all occasions their effectual support. Geo. Washington Feb. 22, 1732



Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Toad Tales

So I think it would be worth it if I would take some time to write something for you for my blog.  As you know I had a stroke. I was in the hospital - then I was at home and thought I was all right.  I could read and write it was fine.  I was in the hospital for less than a week.

I counted myself to be fortunate.

How could I be so lucky?   Well I wasn't quite lucky enough.  I had to go to the hospital again and this time I could not write and I couldn't  read fluently and I have more problems talking.

I work three times a week with a speech therapist and because I am Home Bound Medicare only lets me to go to doctor's only. - Actually with the weather being so crappy I don't much have to be at home.  I am sure that will change when the weather gets better.

December was not a great month.  However I am slowly getting better and I am able to type and while have to start over and back things is better I can see progress and was able finish reading a novel (The Help).

It is an interesting process and I can even even spell some words which are more difficult (but I do make frequent of spell checker).
If it I say the word out loud I am able to type it out and that makes the word flow to the paper.  I can also write in cursive also.  I had no problem with the signature.  It is difficult at sometimes.

I am getting that I am tired right now and some of what I wrote was more difficult.  But I will tried to do more next time.  At least I got there something to let you know about it.  And I found some other things to share.






No comments: