Thursday, September 3, 2015

Throwback Thursday


My grandmother Simser.

Mrs. Flora Adel Simser was born at Central City, on July 15, 1884, and died at Ames on September 2, 1943, being 59 years, one month and 17 days old. She taught in the Roland schools a number of years ago and was married to Jay Aloys Simser, local manager of the telephone company, in 1914 at Belmond. Mrs. Simser passed away nine years ago.

Several years ago she moved to Ames with her son Aloys, where they both were employed. She is survived by her son, Aloys Simser of Ames, who is now working on the Alcan highway in Alaska, a sister, Mrs. Verne Haney of Hampton, and one grandchild, Jay Cole Simser of Ames. 




This is one of the only pictures of my father which I have.  My parents were divorced when I was about 3 or 4 so I do not have much (good) to say about him.
This is my Mom.  We lived in a little house on East 6th in Ames.  She was a wonderful mother and gave of herself as a single mother (with help by my grandparents)



No comments: