...the Government of the United States, which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance, requires only that they who live under its protection should demean themselves as good citizens in giving it on all occasions their effectual support. Geo. Washington Feb. 22, 1732



Sunday, August 6, 2017

Apiarian


"Were I to be the founder of a new sect, I would call them Apiarians,
and, after the example of the bee,
advise them to extract the honey of every sect."  
- Thomas Jefferson


You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.
- Roald Dahl


If you wish mercy, show mercy to the weak.
~ Rumi


Be the flower that gives its fragrance even to the hand that crushes it.
~ Hz.Ali



I've been seeker and I still am,
but I stopped asking books and the stars.
I started to listening to the teaching of my soul.
~ Rumi


Two there are who are never satisfied --
the lover of the world and the lover of knowledge.
~ Rumi


I have put the ear of my soul in the window of your heart.
~ Rumi


Trees are poems that earth writes upon the sky.
~ K. Gibran


Love is cure. Love is power. Love is the magic of change.
Love is the mirror of divine beauty.
~ Rumi


Pull the thorns from your heart.
Then you will see the rose gardens within you.
~ Rumi


The doors to the world of the wild Self are few but precious. If you have a deep scar, that is a door, if you have an old, old story, that is a door. If you love the sky and the water so much you almost cannot bear it, that is a door. If you yearn for a deeper life, a full life, a sane life, that is a door.
~ Clarissa Pinkola Estes


No comments: