Thursday, July 17, 2014

Throwback Thursday

 This is a great picture of Jack (John Harris Watts) and isn't to bad of me either. We had a lot of fun over the years and I still miss him.
And this is me as I was participating  in a Royal Arch Degree.  That was probably the last time I did the degree.  I think that others decided that I didn't need to take the part any more.  I enjoyed it but in retrospect I find that if I am not wanted I can find other things to do.  As the saying goes there are 7 billion people in the world there are plenty of others to play with.


Well - I could put this notice on Facebook but will use this place.  I went to the heart doctor on Monday.  He had me have a test on my carotid arteries. So they used ultrasound on them. One of them is blocked and that is why I had the strokes.  Since it has been 6 weeks he needed to check it out.  The good news is that one of them is in pretty good shape.  My heart is in good shape.  I won't have to go see him for another year. - That is nice.

Then on Wednesday I went see my eye doctor.  So some time he has said that I have "significant cataracts"but I had to wait for 6 months after the stokes.  That is done and I have the surgery scheduled.  I have the first one (the left one) in 5 weeks and then I will get the other one in three weeks.  I don't like the idea that I have to go to the doctor at 6:30 AM (groan) and I will have to have someone take me to the hospital and then do it all all over again.  But it will has to be done.  I find that there is just a "fog" all around me and it is hard to read the fine print.

I am really pleased that I have good doctors and our Medical facility is wonderful.  

No comments: