Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Toad Tales.


For about eight months I was mostly staying at home.  Not quite home-bound (but I was for about 3 months while I was having speech therapy) but with the strokes and then I did not feel comfortable driving at night because my cataracts had gotten to the point that I could was afraid I would have an accident.   Saturday I drove to Cedar Rapids to go to the KYCH meeting.  

This is the first outing with both of my eyes after the surgery and it was wonderful to go out and to drive and see.  I could even sure the beginnings of color in the trees.  Of course it still was still foggy but this was because of the rain... (It rained all day) but because I had eye trouble.

In fact I could drive without my glasses.  (I wonder if I can get the restriction lifted from my glasses.  I now have to use them to see to compute but I can watch TV gone and can watch the birdies in my hedge.  It is wonderful.
 Any way I went to the Knights of Cross of Honour meeting and am sharing the pictures with you.  In order to join this group you have to have been Worshipful Master of your Lodge, High Priest of your Chapter, Master of your Council and Commander of your Commandery.  It used to take a long time to join all of these groups and it is a high honor to join.  Surprisingly there are a lot of members who belong.  There were four new members in the class of candidates.  (you can click on a picture to see them enlarged and it will go right to the next one if you want to see them all by clicking through)







These are the distinguished members who have national officers.


Then new Prior and his officers are installed.
 After the meeting we has a little bit of time to converse and then we went to the second meeting of the day which I do not have photos of but we were there.  This is the Societas Rosicruciana in Civitatibus Foederatis. 

 After the meetings the rain had gone away and I was treated by these Highway Snap Shots.  It was a wonderful day and I really was happy that I can get out of the house to see friends and Brothers again.  It has been far to long.



No comments: