Sunday, August 9, 2015

Sunday


I choose to love you in silence, for in silence I find no rejection.
I choose to love you in loneliness, for in loneliness no one owns you but me.
I choose to adore you from a distance, for distance will shield me from pain.
I choose to kiss you in the wind, for the wind is gentler than my lips.
I choose to hold you in my dreams, for in my dreams, you have no end.
~Rumi

"Compassion is a conscious way of being, loving to create atmospheres in human groups and ways of being with people that make comfort and ease suffering."
- Patch Adams


“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
- Leo Buscaglia: was an American author and motivational speaker


"We all have a treasure inside us. That treasure is a spirit. That spirit is a beauty, peace, enjoyment: a happiness. My creativity is a kind of digging tool for searching out that treasure."
- Zoshi


“Hate, it has caused a lot of problems in the world, but has not solved one yet.”
Maya Angelou
May we find better ways of handling our fears than turning them into hatred.
(Debilyn)


True religion is not about possessing the truth. No religion does that. It is rather an invitation into a journey that leads one toward the mystery of God. Idolatry is religion pretending that it has all the answers.   
Bishop John Shelby Spong


“For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.”
- Neil deGrasse Tyson




"Beautify your inner dialogue. Beautify your inner world with love light and compassion. Life will be beautiful."
- Amit Ray: is an Indian author, and spiritual master


"Cleansing the mind does not require water. Practicing generosity does not require wealth. With a perfect mind, you will accomplish the dharma. By sitting up straight, you will see the Buddha."
- from Tibetan Zen


“God is not a Christian, God is not a Jew, or a Muslim, or a Hindu, or a Buddhist. All of those are human systems which human beings have created to try to help us walk into the mystery of God. I honor my tradition, I walk through my tradition, but I don't think my tradition defines God, I think it only points me to God.”
~ Bishop John Shelby Spong


No comments: