Sunday, June 1, 2014

Sunday


Invictus

BY WILLIAM ERNEST HENLEY
Out of the night that covers me,
      Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
      For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
      I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
      My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
      Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
      Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
      How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
      I am the captain of my soul.

 My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who and how you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness. Continue to allow humor to lighten the burden of your tender heart. Maya Angelou

Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the 

charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.”

Marcel Proust

"Wisdom says we are nothing. Love says we are everything. 

Between these two our life flows."


~Nisargadatta Maharaj

We are what our thoughts have made us; 

so take care about what you think. 

Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far.”

~Swami Vivekananda


“If we learn to open our hearts, 

anyone, including the people who drive us crazy, can be our teacher.”

~Pema Chodron

No road is too long for him who advances slowly and does not hurry, 

and no attainment is beyond his reach who equips himself with patience 

to achieve it.

~ Jean de La Bruyere, French philosopher and moralist

Cast your burden on the lord and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.
Psalm 55:22

No comments: