Thursday, October 23, 2014

Partial Solar Eclipse Thursday, October 23, 2014 - Photos by Bob Kelly

This was the brightest light I have ever seen or tried to photograph and it just overwhelmed all the camera controls. I was flying by the seat of my pants as I lowered ISO to 100, increased shutter speed to 1/8000th of a second, closed the f stop down to f 45, and made an exposure compensation of -5 f stops.  The partial eclipse two years ago in May of 2012 was more fun to shoot and lower in the sky as well, allowing me to incorporate some silhouettes into the image.  None the less it was fun to witness this event, and capture it as best I could.  Stay tuned there will be others in a few years!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you! I was not able to leave work to see it, so now I feel included!

Lyn