Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Toad Tuesday

I took some pictures of my bees.  I thought you might like to see them  I thought it was pretty good considering the fact that I was just watching them buzz around and collecting pollen.

I have been watching  the bees because there is so much going in our word that it was nice to be able to see them. Some of them are somewhat fuzzy but it was as good I could get.



These are not honey bees but rather
bumblebee, also written bumble bee, is a member of the bee genus Bombus, in the family Apidae

Bumblebees are social insects which form colonies with a single queen. Colonies are smaller than those of honeybees, growing to as few as 50 individuals in a nest. Female bumblebees can sting repeatedly, but generally ignore humans and other animals. Cuckoo bumblebees do not make nests; their queens aggressively invade the nests of other bumblebee species, kill the resident queens and then lay their own eggs which are cared for by the resident workers.








Flight Of The Bumblebee - Rimsky-Korsakov

No comments: