Thursday, October 27, 2016

Throwback Thursday - Two Bowls

These are two of my "treasures"  -  The cut glass bowl was given to me by a dear lady (Alice Griffith) who was a 50 year member of the Eastern Star.  I was so pleased that she would give me something so beautiful and precious.  I have had it for almost 50 years.  -  The other bowl is one that my grandmother had in her collection.  My mother loved it and and I have had it for a long time.  It is one of the things which I treasure.  

I grew up in an antique shop.  Mother and I lived in with my grandparents and my grandmother collected antiques and eventually had a shop.  She and my grandfather would go "antiquing" - Another person (Elsie Berg from Boone )also went with her at times and they would scour the country to find stock for the shops.  I enjoyed opening the boxes when they got back from their trips.  Many of my Aunts also loved and collected them.

No comments: