Sunday, July 2, 2017

Apiarians


"Were I to be the founder of a new sect, I would call them Apiarians, and, after the example of the bee,
advise them to extract the honey of every sect."  
- Thomas Jefferson

The most beautiful place on earth-
The very center of your heart is where life begins.
~ Rumi


"In this sometimes turbulent world, the river is a cosmic symbol of durability and destiny; awesome, but steadfast.
In this period of deep national concern,
I wish everyone could live for a while beside a great river."
~Helen Hayes (1900-1993)




"When you are kind to others, it not only changes you,
it changes the world."
~ Harold Kushner


Out beyond the ideas of right and wrong there is a field.
I will meet you there.
 
~ Rumi


Caring about others, running the risk of feeling, and leaving an impact on people, brings happiness.
- Harold Kushner


 
“In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer. And that makes me happy. For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there's something stronger ...something better, pushing right back.”
~ Albert Camus


 
One of the marvels of the world is the sight of
a soul sitting in prison with the key in its hand.
~ Rumi


When setting out on a journey, do not seek advice from those who have never left home.
~ Rumi


Loving-kindness and compassion are the basis for wise, powerful, sometimes gentle, and sometimes fierce actions that can really make a difference -- in our own lives and those of others.
- Sharon Salzberg


No comments: