Sunday, December 17, 2017

Aparian



"Were I to be the founder of a new sect,
I would call them Apiarians, and, after the example of the bee, advise them to extract the honey of every sect."  
- Thomas Jefferson


"Do not indulge in dreams of having what you have not,
but reckon up the chief of the blessings you do possess,
and then thankfully remember how you would crave for
them if they were not yours."
~Marcus Aurelius (121-180)


Wisdom is knowing I am nothing,
Love is knowing I am everything,
and between the two my life moves.
- Nisargadatta Maharaj


Many of the things you can count, don't count.
Many of the things you can't count, really count.
- Albert Einstein



There are, strictly speaking, no enlightened people,
there is only enlightened activity.
- Shunryu Suzuki


Kindness is the light that dissolves all walls between souls,
families, and nations.
- Paramahansa Yogananda


“Life is a journey.
Don't be a passenger -
get in the driver's seat and
keep your eyes straight ahead.”
Abdul Basit


"Saying thank you is more than good manners. It is good spirituality."
~Alfred Painter


"The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren,
and to do good is my religion."
- Thomas Paine


"I know people can change - right down to my bones,
through every cell, in every fiber of my body -
I know that people can change. It is just a question of when
and in what context."
~Virginia Satir (1916-1988)


"For nothing is fixed, forever and forever and forever,
it is not fixed; the earth is always shifting,
the light is always changing, the sea does not cease
to grind down rock. Generations do not cease to be born,
and we are responsible to them because we are
the only witnesses they have. The sea rises, the light fails,
lovers cling to each other, and children cling to us.
The moment we cease to hold each other,
the sea engulfs us and the light goes out."
~James A. Baldwin (1924-1987)


No comments: