Sunday, September 16, 2018

Apiarians



"Were I to be the founder of a new sect,
I would call them Apiarians, and, after the example of the bee,
advise them to extract the honey of every sect."  
- Thomas Jefferson


"Before you speak to me about your religion,
first show it to me in how you treat other people;

before you tell me how much you love your God,
show me in how much you love all His children;

before you preach to me of your passion for your faith,
teach me about it through your compassion for your neighbors.

In the end,
I’m not as interested in what you have to tell or sell
as in how you choose to live and give."

~Cory Booker

"I would like my life to be a statement of love and compassion
-- and where it isn't, that's where my work lies."
~Ram Dass (b.1931)


You may not be able to change the world,
but at least you can embarrass the guilty.
-Jessica Mitford, author, journalist,
and civil rights activist (11 Sep 1917-1996)


Our memories are card indexes consulted
and then returned in disorder
by authorities whom we do not control.
-Cyril Connolly, critic and editor (10 Sep 1903-1974)


There is no greatness where there is not
simplicity, goodness, and truth.

-Leo Tolstoy, novelist and philosopher
(9 Sep 1828-1910)



"People try to do all sorts of clever and difficult things
to improve life instead of doing the simplest, easiest thing
-- refusing to participate in activities that make life bad."
~Leo Tolstoy (1828-1910)



"Nothing exists except atoms and empty space;
everything else is opinion."

~Democritus (460-370 BCE)


"Don't look back unless it's a good view."
~Tupac Shakur (1971-1996)



A dog has lots of friends because
he wags his tail and not his tongue. -
Anonymous


No comments: