Sunday, December 16, 2018

Apiarians


"Were I to be the founder of a new sect,
I would call them Apiarians, and, after the example of the bee,
advise them to extract the honey of every sect."  
- Thomas Jefferson


"I could do nothing without my problems; they toughen my mind.
In fact, I tell my assistants not to bring me their successes
for they weaken me, but rather to bring me their problems,
for they strengthen me."
~Charles Kettering (1876-1958)


"If you look at Earth from space you see a dot, that's here.
That's home. That's us. It underscores the responsibility
to deal more kindly and compassionately with one another
and to preserve and cherish that pale blue dot,
the only home we've ever known."
~Carl Sagan (1934-1996)


Your voice dries up if you don't use it.
-Patti Page,


Culture is the widening of the mind and of the spirit.
It is never a narrowing of the mind or a restriction of
the human spirit or the country's spirit.
-Jawaharlal Nehru


If your morals make you dreary, depend upon it they are wrong.
-Robert Louis Stevenson


Patience is also a form of action.
-Auguste Rodin


"Reason is always slave to the passions"
-David Hume


"My formula for living is quite simple.
I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night.
In between, I occupy myself as best I can."
~Cary Grant (1904-1986)


The truth isn't always beauty, but the hunger for it is.
-Nadine Gordimer, novelist, Nobel laureate


"In the Western tradition, we have focused on teaching as a skill
and forgotten what Socrates knew:
teaching is a gift, learning is a skill."
~Peter Drucker (1909-2005)


No comments: