Sunday, August 3, 2014

Sunday


Peace is precious to all.

Tanzanian Proverb
Indigenous African

It is better to build bridges than walls


Tanzanian ProverbIndigenous Africans

Know all human beings to be repositories of Divine Light; Stop not to inquire about their caste; In the hereafter there are no castes.


Shri Guru Granth Sahib 8:3.1Sikhism

Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit: and there are varieties of services, but the same Lord; and there are varieties all of them but it is the same God who activates all of them in everyone, To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.


I Corinthians 12:4 - 7
Christianity


Lauded and glorified art Thou, O Lord, my God! How can I make mention of Thee, assured as I am that no tongue, however deep its wisdom, can befittingly magnify Thy name, nor can the bird of the human heart, however great its longing, ever hope to ascend into the heaven of Thy majesty and knowledge.
Gleanings from the writings of Bahá'u'lláh
Bahá'í

 Then Peter came and said to him, "Lord if another member of the church sins against me, how often should I forgive?" Jesus said to him, "Not seven times, but, I tell you, seventy-seven times."



Matthew 18: 21-22
Christianity

Overcome anger through forgiveness.

Samanasuttam 136, AdaptedJainism

No comments: