Sunday, April 19, 2015

Red Buds & Azalea in the rain! Photos by Bob Kelly

On Sunday afternoon, I needed to get out of the house, and despite the gray day and misty drops from time to time, I went anyway and found some beautiful scenes. Colors appear more saturated and vibrant on gray cloudy and even misty days than they do in bright full sunshine. The first four photos show the beautiful front yard of our dear neighbors across the street. Number five is showing a flowering tree purposely out of focus allowing the color to come through against the sharpness of the pine needles. The last two images depict something I had never seen before, azalea bushes pruned into spheres, creating this lovely view. Shooting in the misty rain was great, although I got wet, and my camera got moist, but these images remind me of the color and beauty that IS there, even on some days when it may not seem apparent!







1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

what lovely photos!