Thursday, April 10, 2014

Eusebius' Prayer


Dear Lord,

May I be no man's enemy,
and may I be the friend of that which is eternal and abides.

May I never quarrel with those nearest me;
and if I do, may I be reconciled quickly.
 
May I never devise evil against any person.

If any devise evil against me, may I escape uninjured and without the need of hurting them.

May I love, seek and attain only that which is good.

May I wish for all humanity's happiness and envy none.

May I, to the extent of my power,
give all needful help to my friends and to all who are in want.

May I respect myself.

May I always keep tame that which rages in me.

May I accustom myself to be gentle,
and never be angry with people because of circumstances.

May I never discuss who is wicked
and what wicked things he has done,
but know good people and follow in their footsteps.

A very special prayer for the Bride and Groom

No comments: