Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Toad Tueday

One of my fondest memories was the time(s) which we found a little program which would call us whenever there were northern lights around.  It would usually be in the late evening so we would get in the car and drive out to where we could see them.  We would call my grand aunts (in their 80's) so they could them also.  They were in their night dresses and robes but they would bundle up and go to see the northern lights.

We always liked this display of lights in the sky and we did not see them often.  Usually we would them see when we were at the Lake (Leech Lake) usually while we were paying cards. That would stop the game until we watched the lights. 

One time I was at the Drive In Theater and saw lights that were spectacular. Reds and greens I left the movie and called the friends from the lake so they could see them also. Then I drove back the the drive in and watched the lights and the movie simultaneously

I found this video of Northern Lights and I would suggest watching it full screen.

No comments: