Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Grumphing

Things seem to be falling apart.  First the new recliner that I got broke and it has to be fixed.  Thank you Lazy-boy for a lifetime warranty.

Then the ice maker stopped making ice and Brandon had to come over to fix it.  He got it up and running but it has quit once again.

Brandon is already coming over to see about why the dishwasher stopped working so he can look at the ice machine and he will fix the Lazy-boy also.  It just seems that if there isn't one thing there is another.  Thank Heaven for Brandon!

I suppose something will go wrong with the car again...Seems like there is just a cycle of one thing after another.  But I can live with it.

Bailey is also falling apart as I seem to be.  Although I am better.  My leg is not as swollen up like it was for awhile.  I am losing weight... but man I miss my ice cream!  -  Right now I would rather read than do anything but I have two meetings to get ready for one this week-end and another the following.

Today I did something outrageous.  In 1983 there was a show that hit Broadway.  It hit big.   It won 6 out of 9 nominations for the Tony Awards for that year.  La Cage aux Folles has some of my favorite songs of all time and I have wanted to see it since then.  I have seen it in several incarnations including the movie The Birdcage.  Now it is going on a national tour AND TODAY I WENT ON LINE AND GOT A TICKET!  I figure I deserve it.  I am coming down from one of the worst years of my life as far as my health and stamina is concerned and I need something to look forward to.

Last year around this time of year I went to Grand Lodge in Sioux City and while I was there I got sick. I think that may have been the start of it.  It was exacerbated by a couple of things which happened on my birthday and I was in a depression for about 4 months.  Come to think of it (if I think of it) I am still depressed.. but you know you can't hang around depressed for ever.  It is not healthy for you.  So about February I decided to say the hell with it and get on with my life.  To that end I started doing some things which I enjoy doing.  Reading books (I have read a ton of them) and enjoying things and not dwelling on things I can't change. And only participating in things I wanted to do.

I also went through some muscle weakness which make it hard for me to get out of a chair, (CAUSED BY A MEDICINE THEY HAD ME ON)  I fell and banged up my shoulder so that it is hard to drive and I can't raise my hand far above my head...   Speaking of my birthday.  I have decided not to have any more of those things.  For most of my life I have had expectations for my birthday which usually fell through. On the last one I turned 69. That is the last one.  When I became 60 I could count myself as a sexigenerian. For the first time in my life I was sexy.  If I have another one I will no longer have that designation so I will have no more.  So there.  It's my life and I can do what I want... you can still send presents if you want.

Thanks for stopping by and listening.  I needed to get things off my chest.  Now it is time to go to sleep.  This will post in the morning.  Hugs.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

I know how it starts to feel like a tidal wave
it's bad enough when things don't behave but then your own body gets an attitude

take care and stay positive
hugs

MadPriest said...

Hang on in there, buddy (and Buddy)!
Take a leaf out of Miles' book and always make room for play in your life.