Thursday, September 22, 2011

The New Facebook/Netflix


Clicking on the link above will take you to an article about the changes proposed for Facebook.  You know Facebook has made many changes and I know it is a free service and they can do what they want.  I have enjoyed being on it. It was easy to use and it kept me in touch with some friends and also I was able to keep up with news from various sites.  I could remain somewhat private about things (choosing not to advertise my birthday for example) and let my opinions hang out when I wanted them to.

Well I have scanned the above article and I am not to sure I am going to stay there.  The look of the proposed Facebook looks to me like "My Space"  - somewhere I have a My Space account but I can't access it because I left there months and months ago and have forgotten the password.  It is not worth it to me to go back because I don't like it.  It is too clunky and it is not easy to communicate with my friends or to keep up with what is happening in their lives.  

Netflix changed my set up and started charging me more.  I do not use their streaming service and when I went to check on it and discovered that perhaps I should have been paying more attention. To make a long story short.  They raised my rates by almost twice and when I went to change to the service I wanted and which I was using all the time I found out that I was stuck with it for a month,  So I will watch as many movies as I can this month and I have it on my calendar to cancel it next month. 

In the case of Facebook,  I may just stop posting and reading. If it becomes like My Space I am gone.  I can keep up with things on Reader and my blog is still here.  Sometime this week I will hit 200,000 hits and that is impressive to me.  It requires a lot of time and I really don't need to be on either of the other places.

Oh and don't invite me to google + - I won't be joining it or Twitter.  I already waste too much time on this.

No comments: