Saturday, January 11, 2014

Ice Pics... Photos by Bob Kelly

Mother Nature created some tiny ice sculptures by the afternoon of January 10, 2014, but to see them you had to get up close!  That is exactly what I did with my macro lens as I photographed leaves and branches.  What looks like water droplets was that, but it froze and in the photo it is an ice droplet!  My neighbors sage plant looked lovely as I photographed it looking down the center of a branch.  By the time I was done tiny ice pieces were falling off my Pin Oak tree, and when I saw one of its brown leaves with all the crystal deposits around it…..it called to me.  As beautiful as it is, for the safety of everyone I hope it melts and there is not more this weekend.  Walk safely, but enjoy as well!   Happy New Year!!



No comments: