Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sunday

 Tibetan Buddhist Prayer

May you be at peace,
May your heart remain open.
May you awaken to the light of your own true nature.
May you be healed,
May you be a source of healing for all beings.

 "I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy.”


"In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins; not through strength, but through persistence."

~Buddha


The root of suffering is the clinging of the mind to the things which separate one from all of it. When that separation happens, there is incredible pain and in some profound way all of our actions henceforth are an attempt to return back into the One…

Attachement & Addiction -

Suffering is the sandpaper of our incarnation. 
It does its work of shaping us. 
Ram Dass, Love Serve Remember
"If I were called upon to state in a few words the essence of everything I was trying to say both as a novelist and as a preacher, it would be something like this: Listen to your life. See it for the fathomless mystery that it is. In the boredom and pain of it no less than in the excitement and gladness: touch, taste, smell your way to the holy and hidden heart of it because in the last analysis all moments are key moments, and life itself is grace."
- from Now and Then and Listening to Your Life, Frederick Buechner 

Dalai Lama
If we are demoralized, sad and only complain, we’ll not solve our problems. If we only pray for a solution, we’ll not solve our problems. We need to face them, to deal with them without violence, but with confidence - and never give up. If you adopt a non-violent approach, but are also hesitant within, you’ll not succeed. You have to have confidence and keep up your efforts - in other words, never give up. 
 “God is not a Christian, God is not a Jew, or a Muslim, or a Hindu, or a Buddhist. All of those are human systems which human beings have created to try to help us walk into the mystery of God. I honor my tradition, I walk through my tradition, but I don't think my tradition defines God, I think it only points me to God.” 
~ John Shelby Spong

No comments: