Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Mild December Sunrise - December 9, 2015 Photos by Bob Kelly

Some December sunrises while still beautiful are often bitterly cold, but not on this day. I went out at 6:00 AM to find some locations hoping to capture the essence of the sunrise as it progressed.  
Agricultural structures were purposely placed in front of the colorful pallet of the South Eastern sky. The tiny crescent moon, and the remaining portion of the moon still visible in shadow was a delightful surprise.  The air was chilly, calm, fresh, and clean, and I heard the sound of roosters crowing, of diesel trucks with their engines on idle, and the sound of a train rumbling off in the distance.  The colors were gorgeous and unfolded as you see here for over an hour until at last the sun popped up in my rearview mirror.  I thought I had taken my last shot…..but upon seeing the scene I knew there was one more!  I was reminded by the potent line in the movie “Field of Dreams,” when others were questioning Kevin Costner about his baseball field that really does exist in Eastern Iowa.  He was asked….”Is this Heaven,” to which he replied…..”No, it’s IOWA!”










No comments: