Sunday, May 13, 2018

Apiarian


"Were I to be the founder of a new sect,
I would call them Apiarians, and, after the example of the bee,
advise them to extract the honey of every sect."  
- Thomas Jefferson

"I have found that among its other benefits,
giving liberates the soul of the giver."
- Maya Angelou


“I still believe that peace and plenty and happiness
can be worked out some way. I am a fool.”
~Kurt Vonnegut Jr.


When I was young, I admired clever people.
Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
~ Abraham Joshua Heschel


We don't have to engage in grand,
heroic actions to participate in the process of change.
Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people,
can transform the world.
~ Howard Zinn


Your acts of kindness are iridescent wings of divine love,
which linger and continue to uplift others long after your sharing.
~ Rumi



Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness.
Know how to give without hesitation,
how to lose without regret,
how to acquire without meanness.
~ George Sand


Kind hearts are the gardens. Kind thoughts are the roots.
Kind words are the blossoms.
Kind deeds are the fruits.
~ Kirpal Singh


"You can learn new things at any time in your life
if you're willing to be a beginner.
If you actually learn to like being a beginner,
the whole world opens up to you."
~Barbara Sher (b.1935)

The fragrance always stays in the hand that gives the rose.
~ Hada Bejar


No comments: