Thursday, May 31, 2018

Throwback Thursday

In 1980 I was a delegate to the National Education Association. I decided to drive to California.  I took my Mother and Sister with me and we had a great trip.  We started in Ames; drove to San Francisco and then to Los Angeles and came back through Phoenix and back to Colorado and then home.

We stopped for breakfast in Winnemucca, NV and I decided that I would hit the slot machine.  So I was going to lose $5 (just to do it).  So I started with the nickel slot and kept getting a little pot and finally had 3 dollar coins and all of a sudden JACKPOT
The coins just coming out and when they were done the lady who was the cashier said...."just wait" . She filled the machine and it started in giving me more money.  I got three big cups of money.  Mom was paying for breakfast (the only time she paid) and I told her that I had just gotten a JACKPOT.  She she we should get out of town.
So we did.  Threw the money in the trunk and off we went...over $200.

I kept the money until we started to home and we stopped at Albuquerque.  I knew what I wanted.  Here it is!


The stones are from the Kingman mine.

It is marked Sterling and WNez is the artist's name.
It has gone through two or three watches. 
I would say that is the best $5 I have ever spent.


No comments: