Friday, January 1, 2010

I forgot to mention

Last night at the Concert there was a drawing for a trip to Las Vegas. The woman who won it was seated behind me. I gave her my traditional $1 to gamble for me. If she wins I won't get anything as I didn't tell her who I was. No matter.

What happened next was fun. Another name was drawn and a young man came out on stage. He was carrying a red rose and he started to speak. He told of how one year ago he had brought a girl who was a long time friend to the DSM Symphony concert. Then he said he had begun dating her and now tonight he had something to ask her.

He then dropped down on one knee and proposed. It was a beautiful moment. I have thoughts about weddings (I am allergic) but it was sweet and I enjoyed the moment. There is something of a romantic in me after all. Any way I was going to blog about it and it was so late I forgot. But it does make me wonder. Anybody out in the Blogosphere want to share their proposal story. Just leave it in the comments if you want. Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, j

Addendum: Yes, she accepted the proposal.


3 comments:

Ur-spo said...

that is sweet !

DonM said...

I presume she accepted.

kenju said...

I have no proposal story. He never asked me and I didn't ask him - we just started planning the wedding.
LOL
(Now, he says he was railroaded, but since it was almost 45 years ago, I pay him NO mind.)