Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday Sunday

On Saturday I went to see Carmen, broadcast live from the Met. It was perfect. There is a review here which will tell you more than I can write.

The production was delightful and I am very glad that I went.I especially enjoyed the music and the children's chorus. Some of them are real hams.

When I got home I spent the rest of the evening getting the Invitations to Justin Dodge's reception ready for mailing. It was something Justin had asked me to do and since he is a nice guy I was glad to do it. I am also taking the reservations for him. I hope he has a lot of people at his party.

This morning I drove down to Waveland Park for breakfast. I got there and there was my friend Charlie (the Grand King of the Grand Chapter) and he invited me to sit with him. He is also Master of Acanthus Lodge in Des Moines and I hear they have 13 new members in the works so he was relaxing and enjoying his breakfast and not having to work. We had a nice visit and then Kurt, Lyssa and the kids came and so I ordered some biscuits and gravy to eat with them.

After that it was off to the Car Wash - (I know it will just get dirty again but I wanted to get the salt junk off the car) - Then to Von Mauers to do some shopping and finally to see the movie A Single Man. One of my former students and Facebook friend had recommended it and so I went and I was not sorry. Mr. Ford (Tom) has made an excellent first movie and I recommend it. It leaves you with a lot to think about.

Oh yes I also went to Gateway Market and discovered that they carry the 14 Hands wine that I love so I had a steak and veggies (for one) and good bread (including Banana Bread) and came home. It was a long week-end and really was a lot of fun. After working all day Friday I decided to treat myself. - I am going to work there next week also. Have to be down there by 8:00 tomorrow morning to open up the building. I like to do that. It gives me a real feeling of accomplishment to open up the heavy Bronze door in the front.

Wish me luck. ARTYAR - Hugs, j

3 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I heard a bit of that performance of Carmen as I drove to art class yesterday. I wish I could have heard the rest. Lucky you to see the whole performance.

Dianne said...

lots of wonderful stuff you did!
very cool

Ur-spo said...

We see Carmen in an encore performance in a weeks time. I am much looking forward to it.